This year our school is focusing on numeracy.
From our school research we have found that the children’s outlook and attitude to numeracy is very positive.
As a staff, we have decided to focus on the use of concrete objects i.e. blocks money, clocks and everyday objects.
You can support your child’s learning maths in your environment. This could include the following:
- What time is it?
- How many minutes until the next hour?
- How long is that TV programme you’re watching on for?
- How much does an item cost?
- How much money do you have?
- How much change will you get?
- How many grams are in that bag of sweets?
- How many more grams are needed to make a kilogram?
We have also created a Maths Display in the school. This will further expose the girls to Maths in their own environment.